Thursday, July 1, 2010

Latest stuff

Just returned from a weekend show called the Taste of Tacoma. And the taste was...well, ever eaten caviar when you thought they were blackberries? I have. I was eight. Use your imagination.
Anyhoo, no offense to my Tacoma-ites, ians, whatever, but when you're told "you should really stop all these little animal drawings and do stuff with vampires or skateboards" that's when I know my loving audience exists elsewhere. However, it was a fantastic learning experience and I met some great people.
Now for some fun news - check out the latest project I've idiotically added to my 127 other projects in the works. A childrens book that will hopefully see the light of day sooner than later. It's a grueling process that unfortunately begins with a ton of rejection. But hey, that stupid wizard kid at hogpuke's school of wizardry story got turned down by nearly every publisher alive. Now look at all the kid-learns-his-true-powers-of-magic-and-sorcery-themed movies and books out! It started a billion dollar genre market!
Buford Bull and his Very Bad Bugle is a true northwest topic, but there's a message and a quirky little amusing story that's definitely marketable and sure to please ages 6-10. Or older if you're an immature 33 year old. I've got four more stories and if time permits, Jody will post them for all you kiddies to enjoy.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY! Looking forward to doing absolutely nothing sober. Sorry mom.
~ T