Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Friday Nite Seafood Club


If you saw The Unrefined Palate in my earlier blog or at a recent show you will no doubt agree it's a piece of art that stands out. Aside from the widely popular, A Delectable Feast, The Unrefined Palate is my second biggest request for prints. What is it about drunk, gluttonous wildlife that we find so engaging? Does it remind us of ourselves on a blissful, primitive level? Of course it does! Well, whatever. If it brings a smile to your face and makes you buy one for your home, then turn the grinder and watch this monkey dance!
And in that vein, here's my latest work: The Friday Nite Seafood Club! This Rat Packish group of Pacific Northwest Sea Otters meets every Friday to socialize and cook, but it always seems to lead to debauchery. Must be those coo-coo clamtinis!
Not sure you'll see it by the next show but I'm taking orders now. Email Jody for pricing and include the words "I read Tyler's blog" for a 10% discount. Enjoy!